I have always been the type of person that is hesitant about almost everything I do. I have started and stopped diets faster than you can say the word “diet”.
As a high school teacher, I am constantly encouraging my students to strive to do better than their best. I am always telling them how they should never settle. I tell them how they need to challenge themselves as a person in order to grow. However, I feel like a hypocrite not following my own advice.
So… I have been thinking long and hard about what I should include in this list. I consulted with friends and family…I asked my followers on social media for input…and I shouted at the top of my lungs to the four winds for ideas. The plan was to set myself goals that would 1) be something I could realistically achieve within a year and 2) challenge me in all aspects of my life: physically, spiritually, emotionally, and psychologically.
- Run a themed 5K at least once every other month. I used to do this a lot a few years ago, but I think it’s time I got back in the groove.
- Travel to a new place. *fingers crossed for a new country*
- Drink water everyday. I am a coke addict (Not cocaine, but Coca-Cola!) . I need to stop drinking dark soda and start drinking more water.
- Workout. Cliche. I know, but come on!
- Do something special for my husband every month. You should never stop working on your marriage, right?
- Do something nice for a stranger every month. Sometimes you just have to think beyond yourself.
- Do something nice for a friend every month. Because why not?
- Do something nice for a family member every month. Just because they are a given doesn’t mean you should stop working on your family as well. 🤷♀️
- Take 3 new people to church. My pastor wants us to achieve this goal. Challenge accepted!
- Sing in a public place. I sing in church, but never anywhere else.
- Cook more! Since I’m a teacher, I’m always too tired to cook. Time management skills, here I come!
- Eat something new. I’ve always been a picky eater. I’m going to try and be more open minded.
- Be a tourist in my own city. I saw this idea online somewhere, and I thought it would be fun to discover things I never knew about where I live.
- Visit the elderly at a nursing home. I’ve always had a soft spot for old people. 👩🦳🧓👴👵
- Do one thing I am afraid of. This is going to take some hard thinking.
- Get a new hairstyle. Open to suggestions!
- Sleep under the stars. This would be me trying to fulfill a childhood goal.
- Get into a Masters Program. I think it’s about time that I continue my education.
- Become a better version of myself. This means that I want to work on my personality.
- Love myself. I’ve had a hard time being able to look at myself in the mirror lately. I want to truly love myself.
I hope to achieve all these things by December 31st. I’ll be sure to post updates on my progress!! Wish me luck!